Privacy Notice Information
This information is about how I interpret my duties towards you under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as data controllers for the purposes of the DPA.
I collect information from you and may receive information about you from other professionals, a school, college or other education or training setting.
This information is likely to include contact and address details, date of birth, attendance figures, results of assessments and attainment tests and personal characteristics such as gender, ethnicity and language(s) spoken.
I will also collect and hold information relating to special educational needs, disabilities and other health and care concerns that are relevant to my role and the tasks I typically carry out. The lawful basis for me seeking and holding the personal information that I request is that of contract – in order to provide the services I offer, or to give an opinion about the possibility of me providing those services, I require access to personal information.
I hold this personal information and use it to:
- Make decisions about the nature of my involvement, including judgements about the appropriateness of beginning and ending my work.
- Ensure that the tests and assessment materials I decide to use are well-matched to the needs and abilities of the children and adults I work with.
- Form judgements about rates of progress over time.
- Allow me to fulfil our duty of care towards the children and adults I work with and discharge my safeguarding responsibilities.
- Allow me to liaise with other professionals where this is appropriate.
- Write and distribute reports of the work I have carried out, passing on our professional conclusions and advice to an agreed range of people.
- Enable me to provide full explanations and justifications of my actions in the case of any concerns expressed about my work or complaints made against me.
Storing this Information: Microsoft Office 365, One Drive Cloud based IT system, is used to store all electronic files, and Gmail and Egress, are the secure email systems. I will keep records and related information in the child or young person’s electronic folder, until they turn 25 years of age. In their 25th year, their electronic folder, related documentation will be permanently deleted and removed them from the database.
Who we share information with: Information is only shared with the specific consent of the Child or Young Person’s parent/legal guardian unless the law allows or compels me to.