Assessment, Consultation and Advice
Services I provide include:
- Problem solving discussions (consultation) with professionals and parents
- Assessments of children and young people, which can include attainment, cognitive skills, behaviour, social communication and interaction skills, self esteem, motivation, emotional well-being, executive functioning and memory.
- Dynamic assessment: is increasingly being used by educational psychologists around the world and is seen as a valuable approach to assessing children and providing useful classroom suggestions to help teachers working with children.
- Play-based assessment for Early Years
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant Training (for more information click here)
- Parent workshops/drop ins
- School refusal support
- Support for Looked After Children
- Support and assessment for Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Social Communication and Interaction difficulties
- Staff 'drop in' services - opportunity to staff to informally seek advice and support
- Therapeutic support for individual children and young people
- Support and training for staff in relation to a wide range of interventions, including Precision Teaching, Social Stories, Circle of Friends, Therapeutic Stories, CBT techniques, Solution Circles, Emotion Coaching, Exam Stress management, Growth Mindset.
- Group work with children and young people focusing on issues such as social skills, confidence and self-regulation
- Contributions to multi-agency assessments
- Supervision for other professionals
- Training and support for staff and Governors, including Open Space events